Saturday, March 26, 2011 1500 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton 1500TC Sheet Set, Queen, Taupe Solid 1500 TC Review
Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)[8/18/10 Update] I received a response from the seller, who has agreed to a full refund including shipping. As for the mystery neon orange stains... I still have no clue. They never appeared on the sheets I replaced. I bought a new set of sheets locally yesterday, washed them, and slept on them last night. They're fine. It was just these sheets. I've never seen anything like it.
I washed these upon opening them and they looked fine other than some wrinkles that just refused to come out. I slept on them one night, and when I woke up, the pillow cases and every part of the sheets (front and back) I was touching during the night had bright neon orange streaks/swirls on them. It literally looks like a paint brush and neon orange paint were given to a child and they went to work on the sheets. There's obviously some kind of chemical in these sheets that does NOT react well to human contact. I don't sweat in this cool room, nor did I have any type of lotion or other chemical anywhere on my body when I went to bed. In fact, I showered off just before since I had put these new sheets on. I immediately took the pillow cases back to the washing machine and ran them again. The neon orange coloring remained, completely. It won't come off. I also could not get the wrinkles out of the pillow cases, regardless of heat or length of time in the dryer. It looks like the pillows are wrapped in taupe-colored pieces of paper that were wadded into a ball and laid back out.
The sheets came with no brand name, or any documentation of any kind (washing instructions, technical specs, ---chemicals present--- etc). There was also no purchase order in the shipping bag. Just the sheets in a clear plastic bag with a card that says they're Egyptian cotton with a picture of similar sheets.
I have not received a response from the seller yet regarding a refund.
If you think $90 for 1500TC Egyptian cotton sheets is too good to be true, you're right. I don't know what the chemical is that destroys the sheets after one night, but these things are a nightmare. Avoid this product.
Click Here to see more reviews about: 1500 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton 1500TC Sheet Set, Queen, Taupe Solid 1500 TC
Product Description:
Package contains 1 Flat Sheet, 1 Fitted Sheet and 2 Pillow Case in a beautiful zippered package. Wrap yourself in these 100% Egyptian Cotton Superior bed sheets that are truly worthy of a classy elegant suite, and are found in world class hotels. These fine Luxury Bed Linens are crafted from Long Staple Giza Cotton grown in the lush Nile River Valley since the time of the Pharaohs. Comfort, quality and opulence set our Luxury Bedding in a class above the rest. Elegant yet durable, their softness is enhanced with each washing. You will relax and enjoy the rich, soft and luxurious feeling of cotton sheets.
Want to buy 1500 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton 1500TC Sheet Set, Queen, Taupe Solid 1500 TC at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below: